- Art with kids for the New Years Eve celebration at CV STARR Center--making masks, cards, fuzzy Buddies, and more as others swim, dance and play around.
- Studio Day finishing my woven paintings for the COLOR & LIGHT: A Fiber Arts exhibit, 2011 Odd Fellows series.
- ART afternoon with children at Albion School (k-3) making a very creative village for our ART BUDDIES, (under a GASP grant, Arts Council of Mendocino County).
- Firm plans with Annelle Karlstad, Mendocino Yarn Shop and Pamela W. Allen, an amazing knitter /designer, organizing COLOR & LIGHT focused on knitting, crocheting and more.
- Join Advisory team for "THE ART SPACE for Youth & Community", a project of Big Brothers & Big Sisters with support from the Mendocino Coast Writers Conference, artist Meg Courtney, and many others.
- Plans set with Redwood Elementary School for the school-wide (450 children k-2) painting process in late January under our A.D. Abramson Grant for Public Art through Community Foundation of Mendocino County. Order canvas & supplies for BUILDING BLOCKS of LIFE, 45 ft painting for the school's Multi-purpose room.
- Attend Partners Gallery opening of exhibit "Art for Art Sake", benefit for 100 Artists in 100 Classooms project of the Community Foundation and enjoy FLOCKworks art with children in their window display.
- Plan 3 months rotating exhibit IMPRESSIONS in wood, textile & ceramic arts led by Kerry Marshall, Christina Marshall and Sarah Logan as part of the 2011 Open Door Arts @ Odd Fellows Series
- Meet with FLOCKworks Board to firm 2011 priorities--Open Door Arts, Children's Banner Project, Hands-On-Art & Community Collaborations.
Wednesday, 5 January 2011
Creative Threads of a New Year!
First week of this creative new year...